How long does a human hair live for? What’s the strongest muscle in the body? What’s the tiniest human cell? These questions and many other bizarre quandaries will be answered in this really fascinating list of 120 amazing facts about your very own body!
Body Parts facts
1. The brain is more active at night than during the day. Scientists don’t know yet why this is.2. The higher your IQ, the more you supposedly dream.3. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body.
4. The nail on the middle finger grows faster than the other fingernails.
5. Fingernails grow nearly four times faster than toenails.
human body facts
6. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average.
7. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve zinc. It doesn’t destroy the stomach because the stomach walls constantly renew themselves.
8. Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
9. Women blink twice as many times as men do.
10. Women are born better smellers than men and remain better smellers over life.
11. Men burn fat faster than women by a rate of about 50 calories a day.
12. Men get hiccups more often than women.
13. A man has approximately 6.8 liters of blood in the body while women have approximately 5 liters.
14. The largest cell in the body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
15. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
interesting facts about the human body
16. Babies are born with blue eyes more than any other color. The melanin in their eyes needs time to be fully deposited or to be darkened by ultraviolet light to reveal the baby’s true eye color.
17. Men have erections every hour to hour and a half during sleep. This is because the combination of blood circulation and testosterone production can cause erections during sleep and are a necessary part of REM sleep.
18. Your nose shapes the sound of your voice.
19. Your tongue can get fat.
20. Noise causes the pupils of your eyes to dilate. Even very small noises can do this.
May also interest you:
WATCH: 10 Human Body Facts That’ll Stun Your Senses
These Things All Say Something About Your Body Or Mind
Have New Studies Found a Link Between Eggs & Breast Cancer?
This Joke Starts With An Old Man Ordering a Hamburger
21. Everyone has a unique smell, unique fingerprint, and unique tongue print.
22. By age 60, most people will have lost half their taste buds.
23. Your eyes remain the same size after birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
24. A simple, moderately severe sunburn burns the blood vessels extensively.
25. We are about 1cm taller in the mornings than in the evenings.
26. The strongest muscle in the body is the human tongue.
27. The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
28. The hands and feet contain almost half of the total bones in the human body.
29. About 32 million bacteria call every inch of your skin home, but they are mostly harmless and some of them are even helpful.
30. Humans shed and regrow outer skin every 27 days.